How to Change the "Prompt With List" Menu Style

I use the Prompt With List for several different kinds of menu generation. I can't find where to specify the style for the Prompt With List palette. It's similar to the Default Palette Style, but when I make changes to that Palette Style, the Prompt With List palette does not change.

Is there a way to change the styling of the Prompt With List palette? I would like to be able to specify font size, colors, number of columns, just we do for the various Palettes.

Ideally, I'd be able to define different PWL styles to use with different lists, but I'll start with the basics.

Thanks

I don't think this is possible with the Prompt with list action. You'd have to look into custom HTML prompts.

1 Like

That's what I figured. Are there any tutorials or simple samples that you can recommend? I've never used that feature.

Thanks!

I've not delved in much myself but that link above might be a decent starting point.

Look at this:

1 Like

Hi Cassey, welcome to the forum. (It seems a little odd for me to be the one to say that because I still feel like a newbie here.)

I sympathize with your attempts.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I can do what I want through either of two methods:

• start learning "Custom HTML Prompt", which is probably not any harder than the little bit of AppleScript that I've been learning to use with KBM,
  • or use the "MACRO: Spotlight Search Prompt" that @ccstone recommended yesterday.