Is It Possible to Retrieve a Deleted Macro?

Some time ago I might have deleted a macro which maybe can be retrieved with TimeMachine.

Where are the macros stored?
Here?
/Users/okn/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist

/

with best regards, Omar KN,

That is where the macros are “stored”, in the sense that their XML data is there. However, the data for all macros is in that file. So if you were to restore that file using Time Machine, it would reset all of your macros to their state at the time of the backup. This may be ok, or it may not, depending on if you’ve made changes to your other macros since your last TM backup.

You could of course, depending on how long ago “some time ago” is, use the KM built-in “restore” feature from the file menu as seen in the screenshot below... ↓

Revert Macros Feature Screenshot (click to expand/collapse)

Or you could use the macro Dan Thomas wrote to keep a macro repository. Note that his macros will not recover what you already lost, but are a great way to keep versioned backups of individual macros going forward. ↓

Macro Repository Suite: Backup and Version Control for Keyboard Maestro - Macro Library - Keyboard Maestro Discourse

Does the Revert Macros Feature also restore ALL macros in one go?

Yes.

Look at this topic:

How To Use KM Revert Macros

1 Like

They are stored in a file called "Keyboard Maestro Macros.kmsync". The user determines where this file is actually stored. I store mine in Dropbox.

1 Like

@peternlewis,

Would it be better if Keyboard Maestro have a “recently deleted” folder in which deleted macros are gone after 30 days?

Just like how iOS handles recently deleted photos on IPhone!

Cheers

Maybe, but that's not what is done.