Keyboard maestro and mindfulness for productivity?

When typing/ free writing etc every now and then i lose focus and start to daydream and then after however long i remember what im supposed to be doing and return to typing.

I want to create a macro that detects keyboard inactivity after 30 seconds(the max i've been able to do so far is 1 minute) after which i want to get a notification to alert me that i've stopped focusing so i can return to typing - which will save me time wasted daydreaming. Any suggestions to do this please? (Yes my mind wanders after 30 seconds sometimes)

What a nice problem (and potentially easy) to try to address. There will be many ways to attack this problem.

I need to ask you a question. Do you currently have any macros that use the "Type Key" or "Move/Click Mouse" actions (and are triggered by Periodic Triggers, or any triggers that aren't keyboard or mouse)? If you do, this could make it harder to detect inactivity, since KM's actions make it look like the computer is being used.

I have some good ideas for addressing this, but I need to know the answer to the above question.

Thank you for the feedback,

'Do you currently have any macros that use the "Type Key" or "Move/Click Mouse" actions (and are triggered by Periodic Triggers, or any triggers that aren't keyboard or mouse)? '
No i dont.

I also i only need it to work while the app microsoft word is open. So i guess that could make it easier.
Thanks.

Here's the absolute simplest macro that should generally solve your problem, although it triggers upon 60 seconds of inactivity rather than 30 seconds. I'm considering a flashier program that can do 30 seconds plus a lot more, but I'll post that later, if I finish it.

A Word of Warning Macro (v11.0.2)

A Word of Warning.kmmacros (1.3 KB)

And I also created a fancy macro with a variety of audio and video warnings. Variety is the spice of life. You can find it on the following page.

Wow im going to check it out now, sounds amazing! Thanks for the effort :smiley:
In the next few weeks i want to get a Pavlok shock watch, my best case scenario is to be able to integrate this with keyboard maestro - so after 30 seconds inactivity i get a small shock. But i expect that to be a long ways off - in terms of the both softwares being compatible.