KM8: Issue -- Found Image Not Working for Front Window

Issue: Found Image Condition NOT Working in "the front window"

Running Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 on macOS 10.12.6

The same image IS found in "main screen", and the ONLY place the image exists is in the ONLY window in the main screen.

Screenshot of KM Editor With focus on Window in Main Screen

In the below Macro, the first Notification is made immediately, but the second never shows.

@peternlewis, any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

You can view the image in this Test URL.

Image on the web page is image

The two Actions in the below Macro were created by manually creating one, then DUPing the second, changing only the "in" location.

I have done this in an attempt to resolve:

1. Restart KM Engine
  2. Restart KM Editor
  3. Restart my Mac

MACRO:   TEST KM Image Found

~~~ VER: 1.0    2018-09-22 ~~~

DOWNLOAD:

TEST KM Image Found.kmmacros (25 KB)
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

KM 8.2.4 on macOS 10.13.6 here. For some reason, your test macro wouldn't find the image either in the main screen or front window for me, but once I replaced it with an identical one screenshotted on my own system (this one, for what it's worth:

37%20PM

both actions succeeded for me just fine in both Safari 12.0 and the official 64-bit build of Chrome 69.0.3497.100.

You don't specify which browser you're running here, but in this thread (Found Images suddenly broken) you said it occurred while running Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (3497.100); did you also try it with Safari? If it is only in Chrome, it's almost certainly a problem with Chrome no longer reporting window (and tab) indexes or IDs correctly as of the most recent versions, and not with KM. @ccstone and I discussed this a bit here, and it seems that even though Chrome is at least reporting window indexes correctly in the official build as of 69.0.3497.100, it still doesn't resolve the issues with KM actions that involve looking for the front window, at least on macOS Sierra.

Yes, I was/am using Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (3497.100) on macOS 10.12.6.

When I test using Safari 12.0 (12606.2.11), then the KM Found Image works.

It is very interesting that it works for you in Chrome when you are running High Sierra. This will be the first case I know of where High Sierra is better than Sierra.

@peternlewis, any thoughts on how we might be able to workaround this when running Sierra?

Also of note, it does not work when trying to match the window title:

It seems that Chrome has broken their accessibility of the front window in some way. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

Thanks to Chris @ccstone, I have a workaround:

Running Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (3497.100) on macOS 10.12.6.

See:

Here's my revised macro:

MACRO:   TEST KM Image Found

#### DOWNLOAD:
<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/original/3X/c/1/c1ab0567db7f3643344d1e142d8589adc0bc5783.kmmacros">TEST KM Image Found.kmmacros</a> (25 KB)
**Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.**

---

![image|463x931](upload://6kp0Zxzsy4sQm0RUATj9ShSuFbE.jpeg)

Peter, have you submitted a bug report to Chrome?

If not please do so. You are in the best position to provide the technical details that Google will need to accept and fix the bug.

If you post your report here, then we also can use it to make a bug report.
The more the better, I think.

This should be worked around for the next version of Keyboard Maestro (or resolved anytime the lunatics who caused Google Chrome to add “ - Google Chrome” to the end of every window’s accessibility title revert their ridiculous change).

1 Like

I just encountered this problem using Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Im running it on Mac OS Catalina (10.15.2)

Is there a best practice here?

Yes. Upgrade to KM9, which has many other major benefits, including support for all chromium-based browsers.

If you are still using KM8, then you can use the same techniques as provided here:

I'm running KM Version 9.0.4

upload your macro so we can see and test.