Launching Keyboard Maestro by Clicking on a URL

Is it possible to trigger a KM macro by clicking on a URL?

The URL Trigger looks like an obvious option but I think it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to launch an application and then execute the KM script based upon the fact that the clicked URL includes webex.com.

Any bright ideas welcome.

Thanks
Jez

Maybe something like this. But this can certainly be done better. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I feel like an app such as Choosy and Keyboard Maestro's URL triggers will get you where you need to be. Something along the lines of registering a default "browser" that took the webex URL and inserted it as a URL parameter for the KM URL trigger.

Edit: On further thinking, I'd probably try creating an AppleScript that took in the URL and called the KM URL trigger, then save that AppleScript as an application. Then I'd use Choosy or similar to point any webex.com URLs to the AppleScript app.

2 Likes

What's the app, where's the URL you are clicking? Can you not just use app launch or activation as the trigger and then test the title of the front window (or some other available state)?

1 Like

Thanks for the great suggestion - I'll have a play around and let you know!

Thanks for the thinking.

I'm using Choosy funnily enough and I can get it to launch webex but not then pass the values for the user I'm hoping to get to. I'll give the AppleScript a go and see what I can make work.

Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the thought. I'll play around and see what I get working - If I solve it I'll let you know!

Hey Jeremy,

It would be worth a few minutes of your time to review these:

Take Care,
Chris

(Keyboard Maestro Moderator)

Thanks Chris, I'm pretty new here so any tips are super helpful