Loading a Gif or Image on Top of All Applications

I want to show a window, image, or something on top of all windows every time. I will do my stuff in the Mac system and this window or image will always appear on top until I'll not press the hotkey for closing it.
So basically I want to display something on top with an image or gif on press of a hotkey and another hotkey for closing it. When this image or gif on top I will do my work in system it should not be visible to me what I am doing.

I hope it is clear.
Is there is any way to do this?
If yes how can we achieve this?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Aakash

You can use "Display Text in Window", which actually uses RTF text, so you can paste an image into it. Not sure how to load the image from disk, though.

Hi @DanThomas

Are you talking about clipboard window?

Add the "Display Text" action:

Use the menu:

...and change it to "Display text in a window":

Paste in an image:

And run it, and a window like this will appear:

It's resizable, and it floats on top.

2 Likes

Thanks
Is there is any way or script to make it full screen using keyboard maestro hotkey?

Not that I know of.

1 Like

Hey Aakash,

Nyet.

The best you can do is zoom the window to it's maximum size.

-Chris

Zoom the Front Keyboard Maestro Text Window Example v1.00.kmmacros (7.9 KB)

1 Like

btw there are apps like Fenetre that do this, the lite version is good.

1 Like

Thanks Chris

This is working for me.
Is there any possibilities to make little bit smaller window from all the sides. Like it should cover 75% part of my screen.

Sure. The resize fields are just math (calculation fields). The Screen functions produce a numerical result.

Manipulate a Window.kmactions (1.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi Chris

I did this but it is manipulating Keyboard Maestro window, but I want do the same thing with display text window.

Try applying the action I posted above to the macro I posted in Post #7.

-Chris

Hi @ccstone

I am displaying only an image on display text window.
Can we make it center of display text and background black of that display text window.
If any possibilities then please update me.

Thank you

Hey Aakash,

Not with a text window.

You can with a display clipboard window.

This macro has examples of using both the text window and the clipboard window (the clipboard window is active).

Zoom the Front Keyboard Maestro Clipboard Window Example v1.51.kmmacros (877 KB)

If you want more control you'll have to learn how to use the Custom HTML Prompt action.

There are numerous examples on the forum for this.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris

This Clipboard window working for the image but I have to use gif in the clipboard window when using its animation not working
Can we show the gif instead of the image because I am showing a loading image on that window?
The image I have to use is attached below.

processing

Thanks
Aakash Palariya

Yes, by properly sizing the KM Display Text window.

This macro works for me. It centers and resizes the Display Text Window.

Example Output

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Display Animated GIF in Display Window [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2021-05-21 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Display Animated GIF in Display Window [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

Here is an alternative that may or may not work for you.
It shows a palette, which is always on top, that can have any color background and an image, with optional text. But it is limited to 64px.

MACRO: Wait Palette