Then the OS really should be fine. (Unless you install lots of weird stuff in the form of drivers, kernel extensions, low-level background processes, …).
Was this still the case even during the week when everything worked fine?
As mentioned, on my computer the macro runs fine without all the duplicate actions. I would start investigating there. Try to find out which type of actions require to be executed twice (Only image-related actions? Only Finder-related actions? Any action?)
Where can I pull the log for KM Engine to see what is causing this error before I re-start my computer and it starts working again?
It always seemed to be related to that action in Finder, but always worked in my Path Finder group. I will try to move the macro out of the finder group and see if it works globally without the duplicates after I restart the comp
2020-02-20 09:00:22 Execute macro “16)Resize JPEG Images (Mac Pro)” from trigger The Hot Key ⌃⌘I is pressed
2020-02-20 09:00:22 Async NSAppleScript error 2020-02-20 09:00:22.276 CompileAppleScript[78833:9688664] Keyboard Maestro Internal AppleScript Execute Error: Finder got an error: Can’t get alias "/FILE NAME".
The error message here is about ALIAS.
2020-02-20 09:00:29 Execute macro “05)Multi-Item Edit” from trigger The Hot Key ⌘M is pressed
The Error message I get from the App is also about an ALIAS.,
In the post you deleted you said you didn’t see the issues for one week after the fresh OS install. If this was true (the one week without issues), then try to remember what you did after that week. What did you change/install? (Especially things like mentioned here.)
I didn't look yet because my logic was if it works 90% of the time why would permissions change randomly. I was thinking it was related to the computer going to sleep but it appears to be related to when I edit macros on this machine than I need a re-start and I get this ALIAS issue.
So I haven't touched this machine once, The Marcos were working until I went to edit the Macro in the Finder group. I haven't installed or updated any software or updated any apps over the last week, ;ll go through that link now
Actually the post is pretty much exactly about that:
[…] so anyone would assume that means they have permission, but the system is actually lying, and you have to toggle the checkboxes off and on again to grant permission - who would even think to try that?
So, maybe it’s worth to read it. I don’t think that is related, but who knows. You always want to exclude the more common potential causes first.
Yes, and consider reading the rest of the post too.
What I would also look at, is the system log. Maybe it gives some additional clues that are not in the KM Engine log, e.g. other strange things that happen around the same time when your macros start to fail.
So this has happened to me again today. I have the console open, no clue what I am looking at here but new lines get added every 1 second so I can't even read one line without an entire set of data pops up.
Anything I should be looking for? I tried the failing macro but just keep the same few items repeating.
And also the blog article for the app has some good information.
BTW, also for other readers, Electic Light has lots of useful little tools, amongst them a couple of other log readers, but also utilities for Time Machine, file tools, alias tools, tools for analyzing iCloud, permission, security or sandboxing issues, etc.
See the product page – and they’re all free. (Be prepared to invest some hours investigating all their tools )
I read a few of the issues one one of the above links and it mentioned an anti-virus software. So 7 days ago I Uninstalled intego antivirus from my Mac. So far this issue with triggering scripts has no occurred and it was occurring every day so for now I will call this a solution and thank everyone for their help!