Mesh Link All Tabs in Safari Window (via Hook)

MESH HOOK ALL SAFARI TABS.kmmacros (26.4 KB)
(uploaded in disabled state)

(Here is a Launchbar action using the same script. To install: After downloading, delete the .zip extension, then double-click the .lbaction file.)

This macro is a utility for the Hook app by CogSci Apps. Hook allows you to link files and URLs together for quick reference. From the Hook website:

"A ‘hook’ is a contextual two-way link. You can ‘hook’ an item to as many other items as you want. When you invoke Hook on an item, you see everything you have hooked onto it. Easily navigate back & forth between hooked items."

One use case for Hook is to link URLs together for quick reference and retrieval. When I'm interacting with a URL, I invoke the Hook dialog to see and retrieve other URLs I have associated with the instant URL.

Getting the different URLs mutually linked ("mesh linking" them), so that I can access the other link(s) from any one of the group of linked URLs typically requires a series of manual steps that can be a bit time-consuming and tedious. I can link one URL to another, but then I've got to repeat the step with the other URL to link it back to the first. If I want to mesh link multiple URLs, that's a chore.

This macro mesh links all tabs in the frontmost Safari window, saving a lot of time. It uses an Applescript adapted from one created by Brett Terpstra for mesh linking multiple selected Finder items.

See also:

Mesh Link Selected Finder Items (via Hook)

Mesh Link All Open Documents in Given App (via Hook)