Move file to new location via spring-loaded folders

I don't know if this is even appropriate for KM, but I really miss an extension I once had which would allow me to move or copy a file or folder to a new folder via a contextual menu item that let me drill down into the folder hierarchy via spring-loaded folders.

Example: Right-click on a file or folder to open up its contextual menu. Choose the item "move to new location" or "copy to new location." This opens a fly-out menu (in column view) which begins at root-level, and lets you drill down via spring-loaded folders to a target folder anywhere in the hierarchy. When you've dropped the file or folder, the contextual menu snaps shut-- although I think holding down the option key might have kept the target folder open.

This made it so easy to go through my folders and move stuff to other locations-- but at some point, the extension was no longer supported by the Mac OS, so I had to go back to opening the target folder in a new window.

Is there any way a KM macro could give me back that sort of functionality?

Nyet.

But if you can live with a regular save dialog, something can be done.

On the other hand you're probably better off:

• Copying the given items(s) with C.
  • Navigating to the desired location in the Finder.
  • Using V to move the copied items to the destination folder.

-Chris

Sure, I can always open up a new folder and navigate to the location. It's just that, having had a better way at my fingertips, I'd really like to have it again. But thanks for your time.

You might like this app.
https://aptonic.com/

Thanks, but not really what I'm looking for.

Hey Kenneth,

These won't do what you want, but perhaps they'll give you some ideas.

Move Items from a Source Folder to a Designated Target Folder

Open a Folder in the Finder via a Path List in a User Prompt

I also have one similar to the open-folder macro that moves selected items to a designated destination chosen using a Prompt With List action, although that one's not posted on the forum.

-Chris