Named clipboard?

Can you help me understand how the named clipboard works by giving me some examples of how you use it and what macros you have activated on it?

I basically use it to keep macros that make use of the clipboard and that might be executing at the same time from interfering with each other.

For instance, I use an Elgato Stream Deck and use different named clipboard to update the button icons. See my comment on this post to see examples of updating the button icons.

I also use it in a variety of text-formatting macros, where I want to perform all the actions on a clipboard instead of a variable, or when I want to ensure the processing isn’t done on the system clipboard.

No doubt, there are a lot of nuances to the named clipboard system of which I am unaware. Perhaps others can shed some more light on it. However, to give you a rough idea of how it all works, see my example macro below.
DISCLAIMER: This macro will create a named clipboard called TEST CB. You may delete it afterwards if you‘d like.

Named clipboard test example.kmmacros (6.3 KB)

Macro screenshot (click to expand/collapse)

As a side note: Have you had a chance to read the wiki entry on clipboards? :wink:

-Chris