Pause until text typed then move on

Hi, in another post with some much-needed help I've sorted a way to move objects into different positions in InDesign, using multiple triggers. See here: One Macro With Multiple Hotkey Triggers? - #9 by Justickle

I've now added to the macro to have the main trigger as a mouse click + apple key. It now clicks and drags the asset in the CC Library panel into the middle of the screen and dumps it there.

BUT, what I'm struggling with is having a PAUSE after the fifth action, before the Switch action kicks in. I was hoping to be able to hold the apple key, click the mouse, the image (asset) is dragged to the centre of the screen and placed, I then type one of 12, two-character combinations, i.e. L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, or R6. And it now unpauses and triggers the correct part of the Switch action - moving the image into the correct position in InDesign.

Can that be done? I've had a good go at it but KM is so in-depth I can't make it work with my current level of experience.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hey there! I'm thinking you don't need a pause action at all... you could probably accomplish this with a prompt action (by default the macro waits until the prompts return a value). See the macro below for two examples of how to do this:

prompt for two-character combo.kmmacros (2.8 KB)

Macro screenshot (click to expand/collapse)

The first one lets you select from a predefined list (what you put in your post), the second one allows you to type it manually.

Check it out and see if it works for you.

-Chris

That's very helpful. Thank you. It didn't initially work but once I changed VarPos to something else, and put that same name instead of Trigger Value at the top of the Switch, it worked.

That's awesome, thank you so much.

You're very welcome, feel free to mark my initial reply as the solution if it works well for you. :+1:t2: