Running a macro from BTT will only run it once

Hi @janov, I am glad to hear that you work with my workflow :+1:

I have rebuilt this and added the shortcut to the BTT macro.
It doesn't cause me any problems and the Finder palette can be called several times with the shortcut or the touch gesture.

Could you please send me another shortcut of your finder macro group so I can have a look at the settings there?
You can also send me a direct message via the forum. There we could also talk in German (your thank you :+1:).

Another shortcut? I hope you meant anther entry in the finder group?

Here it is:

And here is the finder group setting itself:

I've also tried the assistance -> something expected does not happen; that just says the macro group is inactive.
This is normal, as it is only active when finder has focus.

(Actually my German is fluent, but I live in the Netherlands :slight_smile: So English is probably best haha)

1 Like

In your BetterTouchTool Macro @janov it is set that the finder macro group palette only appears for one action. This means that it will be hidden after clicking on an action macro. You don't have to set a shortcut in this macro.

With your finder macro group you would have to set it the same way (image). Please also set your shortcut here.

2019_03_17_Support_2

That fixed it! I had it set at the wrong level!
Brilliant!!! this will help enormously :slight_smile:

Und wieder: Vielen Dank!

1 Like

1 small extra question: would you then link your BTT gesture also to the UUID for the group?

Hi @janov, do I understand you correctly that you want to perform a BTT action with Keyboard Maestro without assigning a shortcut?

BTT AppleScript for KM.kmmacros (1,6 KB)

2019_03_20_Support_

tell application "BetterTouchTool"
   execute_assigned_actions_for_trigger "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
end tell

No, the other way around: I'd like to perform a BTT gesture and start a palette in KM from that.

Now I'm a little confused @janov :thinking:

In the YouTube video, calling a macro group palette is explained using an AppleScript.
So just like shown in this post:

Are we talking about the same YouTube video?

I think we are, but I will try to figure out what I'm doing wrong this weekend. Somehow the keyboard shortcuts in KM work, but when I try to do it via BTT it just doesn't (or only once).
Will get back to you asap!

And: again: Danke!

Can someone please help me here. I'm trying to run this Macro with BetterTouch Tool

02)Bold Macro (v9.2)

Here is my BetterTouch Tool setup

I have the AppleScript correct within BetterTouch Tool. I need help.

Hi @bocciaman, why do you want to start a KM macro with a shortcut via BTT when the KM macro itself is executed every minute?

2021-07-09_23-34-10

No, the macro will not execute every minute. I'm just trying to figure how to set up the macro properly so that when I hit the trigger from BetterTouch Tool it executes the Keyboard Maestro macro.

I want to use the Fn Key as a modifier key, that's why I have to use BetterTouch Tool.

Please add BTT in the security settings under "Input monitoring".

2021_07_10_Support_2

1 Like

Thank you! That freaking worked.

1 Like

@bocciaman the strange thing with me is that if I press FN + 5 nothing happens, but if I first press the 5 and then the FN key it works fine :thinking:

That is odd.

Could you explain how to properly use this BTT action so that it automatically places the required AppleScript and correct UDID for BetterTouch Tool to act as a trigger?

My current workaround is to Save the AppleScript in a Keyboard Maestro named clipboard.

@bocciaman here is my KM macro that I use to insert the KM AppleScript into BTT. Is this what you meant?

2021_07_11_Support_1

10)UUID BTT <2A9A 210711T180517>.kmmacros (6,4 KB)

10)UUID BTT <2A9A 210711T180517>

Where do I put this macro with respect to the macro I actually want it to execute via BetterTouchTool?

@bocciaman I don't know if I understand you correctly? The KM macro can be in a macro group or under All Macros.

There would be only one peculiarity if you wanted to call a macro group / palette.

Can you be more specific with your question?