Screenshot to OCR to Clipboard Macro (v9.0.6)
I've never really used the OCR feature in Keyboard Maestro because it never seemed all that convenient to use.
When TextSniper came along and I realized that I could do the same thing in Keyboard Maestro with a little bit of effort.
How It Works
- Press a keyboard shortcut
- You will be presented with the usual macOS 'crosshairs' to select either: a) a portion of the screen or b) press
spacebarto select an entire window.
- The image is saved to /tmp/
- OCR is done on the image
- The results of the OCR are saved to the clipboard
- A notification is sent to tell the user they can 'paste' the results.
It also tries to be smart enough to recognize if you cancel taking a screenshot (by hitting ESC) then it will not try to OCR anything).
NOTE: Requires (just a little) Configuration
I use ⌥ 4 for a keyboard shortcut. You might want a different one.
Also, be sure to check the OCR step to make sure that you have the language(s) that you want selected and downloaded.