- Make it easy to OCR any selected region of your screen
MACRO: OCR -- User-Selected Area by @ccstone
This macro was written by Chris @ccstone, who shared it with me. Since Chris has been away for a bit on personal business, I got his permission to upload this for all to enjoy.
~~~ VER: 1.0 2019-08-26 ~~~
Requires: KM 9+ macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))
DOWNLOAD Macro File:
OCR -- User-Selected Area.kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.
How To Use
- Display the window/screen that contains the image you wish to OCR
- Trigger this macro
- Select the area for the screencapture.
- OCR results are put on Clipboard
- Assign a Trigger to this macro.
- Move this macro to a Macro Group that is only Active when you need this Macro. In this case it is best for this MG to be in a Global group so that it is always active.
- ENABLE this Macro, and the Macro Group it is in.