Search Highlighted Text with Google - or with DuckDuckGo

Macro purpose: if you have text highlighted in any program on your computer the two following macros search your highlighted text in Google and DuckDuckGo respectively.

Search Highlighted Text with Google.kmmacros (3.9 KB)

Search Highlighted Text with DuckDuckGo.kmmacros (4.0 KB)

Also, here are a couple small macros for searching the web that help me save a few steps for searches.

Search The Web with Google.kmmacros (1.6 KB)

Search The Web with DuckDuckGo.kmmacros (2.8 KB)

I'm new to posting, I'm not seeing other macros posted for this, but please let me know if this has already been covered. Also let me know how I could have improved this post if applicable.

This post has more info on how to use the action Search The Web:

EDITED: THE ERROR STOPPED WHEN I CLOSED KM!
I happened to hit the keyboard combination (muscle memory, as it went to a previous macro) after I'd closed KM (left the engine running). The macro worked perfectly. I'm using Arc as my default browser.

Help! I've created this macro in KM, but when I run it, I get the following error message:

This is what my macro looks like:

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. Help!

Do you really want to search for:

To confirm; the Action Failed alert only displays when KM editor is open AND KM engine is running, but don't get the alert when the editor is closed and only the engine is running? And the macro works in both situations?

just tested both 'ClipData' & 'search_term' as the variable name and they both work for me :thinking:

I was more questioning the variable contents “%09…” rather than the construct itself :wink:

1 Like