Selecting From List by Number Quit Working

I have a macro I've used for years. It pastes a date. I have three formats for the date. Type the macro, a list pops up, I type, 1, 2 or 3 and the date is pasted. But starting a week or so ago, the number is pasted not the date. Clicking on one of the items in the list pastes the date. I'm not sure how this works and this is probably the only intentional use of the same shortcut for a macro that I have

Hi KBM! That can be frustrating. Could you share the macro you are having issues with? See Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time? for guidance.

Post your macro.

Thank you both for responding.

Date YYYY.MM.DD.kmmacros (1.4 KB)

Here is a screen shot of two of them using the same shortcut:

And here is the popup:


Of course, it worked when I typed 1 on my MBP. So I went and checked on my MBA and it does not work as I described in my OP. My KM macros are synced between the two computers.

PS. The macro descriptions aren't totally accurate. The "Date only stamp" results in "Thu, Oct 6, 2022 1:11 PM". Don't know why I haven't fixed that, but I will now. I guess once I had it working I stopped.

KM Version 10.2
macOS 12.6

Fixed. Took me a while, but posting here and finding that only one of two Macs was affected was an obvious clue. The MBA where the macro didn't work is relatively new to me and I often ignore things that don't work right (if I didn't I'd go crazy), so don't know how long this has been going on. And since I use the macro to time stamp things, I usually just want to complete whatever it is I'm in the middle of.

So I decided it was probably some kind of security permissions thing and so I went through the Security & Privacy setting and saw one that KM was asking/suggesting permissions for that it didn't have, so I gave it permission and still my macro didn't work. Toggled KM engine, still didn't work. So I brought out the big guns and rebooted. And now the macro works. 2022.10.06.

Thanks to those who responded and got me exploring the problem deeper. I didn't note which permission it was, but I suspect it was Input Monitoring.


Ah! That makes more sense now. Glad you got it working and thanks for following up on your solution.

1 Like