Send a File via Email with a Hot Key?

I'm very new to this and have tried something, but can't get my head around it.

I want to add a hot key for when I get an invoice PDF, so I can send it to the payment system via email with a hot key.

So I need:

The copy the file (to the clipboard?)
make it a variable
use the variable in the send mail script

Or what ? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Iโ€™m sitting in an airport so my reply is brief. But what is wrong with using the forwarding feature in Apple Mail? Have you considered that?

And what do you mean by โ€œsend it to the payment systemโ€? If you just want to forward it, Apple Mail can probably do that for you.

I want it for files. Not emails.

You're on the right track. All you need to do is use the For Each action with the Finders Selection collection to make the selected file (specifically, its path) into a variable, then use that variable with the Send Mail action, like this:

This can only be used to attach one file per message (if you want to attach multiple files, you need to look into using AppleScript) but if one file is all you need, this should do the trick.

Ahh. I misunderstood. When you said "when I get an invoice" I thought you meant via an incoming email. I thought you meant getting invoices sent to you in an email. Sorry.

1 Like

Hey [quote="Anders_Kristensen, post:1, topic:14653"]
I want to add a hot key for when I get an invoice PDF, so I can send it to the payment system via email
[/quote]

Hey Anders,

Welcome to the Keyboard Maestro forum!ย  :smile:

What mail client are you using?

If you haven't read this it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

And this:

How to Post Your Macro to the Forum

-Chris