Send Data to Zapier Webhook

Updated 2019-03-26: allow to pass up to 7 values instead of 3.

I am a heavy Zapier user, and I needed to send data to a Zapier webhook to trigger a workflow.

Thanks to Jamie Shaw's work on the IFTTT Webhook plugin, I could create a similar action for Zapier, here it is.

Zapier WebHook POST.zip (6.4 KB)

To use it, simply enter the full URL of the Zapier Webhook (in my example the last part is blurred, but you should enter the full URL given by Zapier), then you can pass up to seven values to the webhook.

Screenshot%202019-03-26%20at%2006h03m06s

7 Likes

Thank you very much @kornichon! This plugin is great! But it would be even better if you could add one or two additional values. For example, I tried to use the plugin to create a Detailed Event in Google Calendar. But I need at least 4 values: Summary of the New Event, Location of the New Event, Start Date & Time and End Date & Time. Do you think that can be possible?

1 Like

Done :smile:

You can pass up to seven values now. Don't forget to quit - relaunch both Keyboard Maestro and the Keyboard Maestro Engine (or force a reload) after installing the new version of the plugin.

1 Like

Freaking good job! Thank you very much for your reactivity!

Is this still up to date? I tried downloading the zip and adding to KM but I won't show up in the KM actions list.

Hi Paul, yes it should still work. If it does not work, can you check that you did the following:

• Uncompress the zip. It will not work if the archive is not uncompressed first.
  • Copy the files to ~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions/ — alternatively, drag and drop the .zip archive on the Keyboard Maestro Icon in the Dock.
  • Quit and relaunch Keyboard Maestro.

Ah got it working, thanks a lot for the help!

1 Like

Thanks @kornichon for the great Tool.

I am a Beginner. For reasons I don't fully understand, I was not able to run the script. I changed the Headline and put the full path to the commands in the script. Now it works fine.

Thanks for the script.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. Yes, sometimes commands need the full path to execute properly. My knowledge of Unix is limited, and I don't know why. I've actually created a new version of this action where you can specify the name of the parameters. Instead of "value1" "value2" etc. you can specify "date" "name" etc.

Zapier WebHook POST.zip (6.6 KB)