Support email wizard macro

Hi, I'm Cesare!

First post for me here, hopefully I won't make too many mistakes.

I'm a solo developer and I try to provide decent support, and sometimes my support emails need to become quite long. So, yesterday I decided to take the most common sentences I use and create a KM macro that allows me to select them from lists, and finally compose a draft to revise and personalize manually.

I think it's a text expansion macro that can be useful, and has been recommended to me to share it in this forum, so here it is:

SUPPORT _g2 - Support email wizard.kmmacros (6.0 KB)

Please, use it as you please (maybe changing the actual copy a little).

A suggestion: I find it easier to actually prepare the | separated strings in a text editor and paste them inside Keyboard Maestro when they are ready.

Ciao!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Keyboard Maestro Forum. You did very well.

Your macro looks very useful. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure others will benefit.

One suggestion: Your current macro results in a lot of blank lines if you choose the blank entry for a given variable. If you replace your last Insert Text with the below, the blank lines will be removed. Where ever you actually want a blank line, just enter "\n" at the beginning of the line in your Prompt, like this:
\nThank you for your patience, Iā€™m here if you need anything else.

One suggestion: Your current macro results in a lot of blank lines if you choose the blank entry for a given variable. If you replace your last Insert Text with the below, the blank lines will be removed.

Thank you, this is a great advice! Here's the updated macro:
SUPPORT _g2 - Support email wizard.kmmacros (6,6 KB)

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: MACRO: Convert Markdown to PDF File with Prompt for Parameters