Triggering Stream Deck Profiles for Logic Pro Plugins

this macro is amazing! im just wondering how can I use it for things on the screen that don't have a pop up window, like when a region is selected, to switch to a profile for that. Or when the piano roll is open within the main window. I usually use found image but that is causing the feed backloop.

Or maybe the question can be, how to prevent the feedback when using found images and not front window title.

This depends on how you tend to call up the piano roll. Let's say you mostly use the standard key command, P.

This macro is one approach to switching SD profiles with that in mind:

Tracks - Piano Roll.kmmacros (42 KB)

Macro screenshot

This is much harder to achieve. It makes sense to try:

Trigger: Left mouse-click
If menu item File>Bounce>Regions in Place... is enabled
Then load Region Selected profile
Else load Region Not Selected profile

However, Logic for some reason doesn't update its menu item states until the menu is clicked by the user. There is a workaround that involves clicking and dismissing the menu, but it's not one you'd want happening every time you click the mouse! I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can't see a way to do that in an unobtrusive manner.

This is so genius, using the current streamdeck variable to prevent the action from looping. Its working very smooth!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

1 Like

Hi Sune,

We don't need to do a Zoom.

Start by sending me screenshots of the variables you have set in the Setup macro and of the profile/app association in the Stream Deck software. It's usually something simple that trips people up.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

You’re an absolute legend for wanting to help me out!

I didn't really do anything succesfully so far, so I'm not even sure what to screenshot.
I got Keyboard Maestro with the KM Link app for my Stream Deck XL - I also have Plugsearch, Nac (for my nob control) and Logic Pro X 10.5.0 (because I'm in OS 10.14.6 Mojave).

I can't make the KM link talk to the keyboard maestro and I can't make hte keyboard maestro speak to Logic/plugsearch.

My goal is to select, open and control a plethora of plugins as well as combo commands such as print outboard gear signals etc, so I would need to learn how to the systems work - but I just can't for the life of me wrap my head around it.

You'd be a total lifesaver if you would consider jumping a call with me.

best,
Sune

There's not much to it. Here's my Keyboard Maestro Stream Deck Profile:

Once you've dragged a KM Link action to a button, you just select the macro you want to trigger in the Macro dropdown.

What do you mean by "speak to"? I've made available a lot of Logic macros you can try HERE, and PlugSearch doesn't really require any assistance from Keyboard Maestro these days unless there's something specific you'd like to do differently.

Opening plugins with PlugSearch is extremely easy now that Rinus has implemented midi-controlled favourites:

(From HERE.)

What I suggest is that you take the time to try out some of the macros I linked to above, open them up and have a look around, to familiarise yourself with the actions and logic that goes into them. It will really help you to be able to visualise what you'd like to achieve and how.

I'm happy to try to help you where I can, and I think the first thing for you to do is to think about what specific things you'd like to achieve.

Cheers!

Hi Neil,

Appreciate this.
How do I get the KM Link/Stream deck to send midi to logic/plugsearch?

Cheers!

There are a few ways but this is how I do it:

Set PlugSearch to monitor Keyboard Maestro as its MIDI Input Port:

CleanShot 2023-09-16 at 10.46.11@2x

Audio Plugin:

Instrument:

Here are the two macros referenced by KM Link, respectively:

PlugSearch Midi - Plugin.kmmacros (40 KB)

Macro screenshot

![Keyboard Maestro Export|622x429, 70%]

(upload://tyeZ0IxQLON9SezkgeyUs7Qqfnk.jpeg)

PlugSearch Midi - Instrument.kmmacros (40 KB)

Macro screenshot

Thanks.

I followed your instructions, but nothing is happening when I'm pressing the Stream Deck.

You're looking at the shortcuts option. The way you have it set up, you can press 1 to load EQP-1A.

To use MIDI (which avoids hotkey conflicts - I don't use the shortcuts option for this reason), you need to add your plugins to the MIDI Favourites section here:

As an example, you'll see that I have Pro-Q 3 in slot 3 of the Audio FX section. This is why my KM Link Parameter field is set to 3.

You didn't switch to private message (we were already in the middle of one); you switched to a public forum post. Please keep the conversation here rather than posting questions directed at me on the forum. That's just confusing for everyone.

Hi Neil,
Not quite understanding how this press 1 shortcut got set up or how to remove it. I tried selecting it in plugsearch and press delete shortcut but to no avail.
Thought I would switch to private message instead since the website suggested it.

best,
Sune

This is self-explanatory:

Apologies - I got confused.

I'm not seeing anything in the shortcut section to delete in Plugsearch, but it still appears as it has a shortcut in plugsearch in logic. Even when adding new plugins it auto-assigns the shortcut as you can see in the attached photos.

Again, thank you for helping.

best,
Sune

Is the midi function working?

It doesn't seem to be working. When I press "Try" in Keyboard Maestro it gives me the following error message (attached).

Also no midi seems to register on Logic Midi In sensor.

Firstly, enable the macro. It's currently disabled (greyed out) in the Macros pane. Secondly, you need to select the macro in the KM Link dropdown and trigger it via your Stream Deck button. The macro gets the midi value from the KM Link Parameter field, so pressing Try won't do anything.

Man you are a legend. It is working now! Enabling the macro was the culprit.
My next question, is how do I get the parameters of the plugins to be on the Stream Deck, so that I can control them with my Nob Control without using the mouse?

First things first... Basic nOb/Stream Deck integration:

• Make nAc Quick Assignments for each of a plugin's parameters.
  • Create a Stream Deck profile for that plugin.
  • Make buttons that simulate the hotkeys to trigger each Quick Assignment.

Now, pressing one of the buttons will trigger a nOb assignment and move the mouse to its corresponding parameter.

Hello, this is incredible!
Any idea how to replicate this on Cubase ?
I use Bome midi translator in replacement of keyboard maestro

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you aren't using Keyboard Maestro?

Sadly I am not on Mac
So I can't use Keyboard Maestro
I have Autohotkey and Bome Midi Translator
And I am also not using Logic, but Cubase 12 pro

So I am not sure I can replicate what you have done, it looks complicated. But still, it's quite incredible in term of workflow

1 Like