Using a Non-Safari, Non-Chrome Browser

No.

I believe so, yes.

Noted.

1 Like

I have made the search for front browser include the configured Apple/Chrome bundle IDs for the next version. Though it also searches for Brave, so it should be irrelevant anyway.

1 Like

Hey Peter,

These are the most prominent Chrome-based-browsers other than Google Chrome:

CHROMIUM-BASED-BROWSERS

Brave Browser			com.brave.Browser
Google Chrome Canary	com.google.Chrome.canary
Vivaldi					com.vivaldi.Vivaldi

All support Chrome's execute AppleScript command in the same way.

I request that all be included in Keyboard Maestro's Front-Browser actions.

Also – It would be really nice if there was a mechanism for users to add Bundle-ID's to those actions, so new compatible browsers could be added at need instead of waiting for an update to Keyboard Maestro.

-Chris

3 Likes

Noted.

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks. Worked beautifully.

Would it be possible to have Chromium matched by default as well? (AppleScriptGoogleChromeBundleID org.chromium.Chromium, BrowserGoogleChromeName Chromium.)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Unikitty,

Not presently.

Hey Peter (@peternlewis ) – Let me reiterate my feature-request:

It would be fine if this was an expert preference.

It's inevitable that there will be more Chrome-based browsers, and there are already 7 viable ones – Google Chrome, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, Brave Browser, Opera, Vivaldi, and Microsoft Edge.

There are also several Webkit-based browsers using the same sdef as Safari.

-Chris

I saw another thread where @peternlewis promised to add support for Brave browser
https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/using-a-non-safari-non-chrome-browser/13712/15

but these days I'm using MS Edge browser on Mac for most business purposes, since it's Chromium-based (v77.0.235.5 specifically).

However, this does not appear to be supported for Tokens at all. Even on latest v9, Front Browser reports Safari because I have that running as well (even though it's nowhere near the front), and %ChromeTitle% and URL resolve to "Not Running". Can this Edge support be added please?

Does Microsoft Edge support the same AppleScript dictionary as Google Chrome?

1 Like

Looks standard to me based on below, what do you think?

I'm using the more frequently updated Dev build, btw, but I don't see why this part would be different from the main channel release (or nightly Canary ones).

Seems so, yes:

1 Like

Then it should work as an alternate browser configured with the Chrome preferences.

Also, it should work in v9 with the FrontBrowser actions.