What is with the system alert sound?

I added a macro for automatically copying texts in Mac Notes.
When I highlighted some texts in Notes, the macro worked as intended. No system alert sound was played.
However, whenever I clicked an empty spot in Notes, the system alert sound was fired.
Could someone tell me how to fix this problem?
Thank you.

Howdy, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

If possible, post the macro itself so we can take a look at it and see what might be going wrong. As one of the moderators likes to say, "If we're not testing we're guessing, and guessing often wastes people's valuable time". :laughing: If you need help on how to post the macro, just let us know and we can walk you through it.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this tutorial, I highly recommend it. It will help you get the most help for your question.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

-Chris

1 Like

Hello Chris,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I am new here and not sure about how to post the macro.
Is it screenshotting the macro and paste it here?
Thank you.

You'll find good instructions on how to upload a macro under section 3 in the link @cdthomer posted, so I'd strongly encourage you to read there. The other sections there also contains good tips on how to best describe the problem/situation for forum members to be able to offer precise and accurate assistan. But uploading a macro basically comes down to selecting the macro and pressing the Share button, then selecting Keyboard Maestro Forum:

What you've described about your problem so far sounds to me like normal Mac OS behaviour though. Your Mac giving of the System Alert Sound indicating that nothing is selected when pressing cmd+c

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help.
After reading your reply, I did some research about the system alert sound.
Like you said the system alert sound indicates that nothing is selected when pressing cmd+c.
Someone mentioned it here.

Blockquote
It is the "Funk" sound. It happens on any other Command-key combination that does not do anything.

So my problem acturally is normal.
Sorry for the trouble.
And thanks for all the replies.