Action live result display

One of the appealing features of Keyboard Maestro is quite "live" result display of action (when possible): very useful when learning and developing, specially regular expressions :+1: as in below Aqua (simple) action:

Why the Orange action is not so nice with us?

Thanks,

• Alain

Not every action shows the results - it is really just a matter of the action complexity and the space available.

There is no particular reason the Search & Replace action doesn’t show the live results like a Set Variable to Text action does.

IMO, with regular expression, Search & Replace Variable action deserves "Live display" as Search Variable does and the space can be made easily available: it is up to the author :wink:

-Alain

1 Like

Tool tips display as you hover your mouse pointer over a fields to be revealed are also a nice alternatives or supplements…solving “live displays” truncation.

-Alain

Tooltips cannot be live updated. At least, not code I ever tried made it work. I had to remove tooltips from the Modifiers/Weekday buttons because I could not live update them, so they could get out of sync with the state of the button.

:disappointed_relieved:
Thanks,
-Alain

Done for the next version.

7+ years isn't too long to wait, is it?

3 Likes

Can't give us everything right away...we will get spoiled. :sunglasses:

1 Like