Copy to a Dynamically Created Named Clipboard

Inspired by this question and this hint, here is an example how to copy to a new, dynamically created Named Clipboard:

Copy to New Named Clipboard.kmmacros (2.5 KB)

This will produce Named Clipboards like these:

You don’t have to use date/time for the clipboard name. You can construct any naming/numbering scheme you like. (Take care of reserved characters in XML.)

See also:

3 Likes

Hello Dan,

The excellent @Nr.5-need_input pointed me in the direction of your macro above.

Thanks very much for this macro. All the macro does it create a named clipboard with date time as the name. I will add an input action so the user can start by giving a name.

I can't figure out how you copied something into those named clipboards. The action below does not allow for variable to be used to identify the named clipboard.

Thank you Dan.

Hey Ronald,

I’m not Dan, but, since you have posted in my thread and are – probably – refering to my macro above, I’ll try to answer:

I can't figure out how you copied something into those named clipboards. The action below does not allow for variable to be used to identify the named clipboard

Not sure if I fully understand your question, but to copy something, just select some text or whatever and run the macro via hotkey, ⌃⌥⌘C by default. The copied content then will be stored in the Named Clipboard with the name you have set in the ‘Set Variable’ action.

I just downloaded the macro, and it still works for me without any modification (on KM 9.2 though, will upgrade soon…).

– Tom

2 Likes

My apologies Tom (not Dan).
You are (obviously) right.
thanks very much

Works with KM 10.0.2 too. (I finally have upgraded :smiley: )

1 Like