How can I open many links at once please?

Hi guys,

This is a picture is just an example as you can see there are few links in the picture so I'm just wondering how can I open all the links at one time like, for example, I want to keyboard maestro open the first link, and then wait three seconds and then open the rest...ets. !

In my work, I have many links like this and so boring to go to every single link and open it. I really appreciate your help guys.

Hi - where is this document displayed: a web browser, an email, a pdf? If possible, provide an actual example of the document.

Hi Tiffle as I said I have a lot of links and the document displayed in google chrome on my company website and this picture is a similar example of my work.

Most likely you will need to use Execute a JavaScript in Browser actions to get the links on the page. If you had a list of links, then a KM For Each action could be used to loop through the list and open each using Open a URL action.

I remember one or more topics where getting all links on a page was discussed.
You might try a Forum search to see if you can find these.

1 Like

Are you able to use Firefox as that seems to have more tools than Chrome.
If you go into developer mode there is this extension

Link Gopher by Andrew Ziem

Extracts all links from web page, sorts them, removes duplicates, and displays them in a new tab for copy and paste into other systems. Also extracts embedded, referrer-type links in the format http://www.example.com/go?url=http://www.example.com/foo . Also displays a distilled list of unique domain names used in the links.

2 Likes

FAO JMichaelTx
Were you thinking of your own macro?

and

1 Like

Evidently! LOL
I wrote that nearly 4 years ago, and haven't used it much since.

Thanks Jonathon.

1 Like

Thank you very much guys and no I think it's my fault I didn't explain to you guys what I want exactly sorry my first language is French :slight_smile:

The links I have are not like a list of links or something like that. I know if they were like a list then I can select all of them and use a third party to open them but my links are different as you can see on the picture they are not like a list.

I want to keyboard maestro open the first link, and then wait three seconds and then open the rest...ets. !

I think I managed to sort it out as you can see what I did in the keyboard maestro but it is still the way I did it very basic and take a long time to do it for each link. I'm just wondering if there any better way to do that, please?

Thank you again and I appreciate your help :slight_smile:

I think we understand that.
The point of the above Macros is that they will look inside your web page, and extract all of the links in that page as the URL and Link Text, and return that to a KM variable, as a list.
You can then process the list however you like, including opening each URL one at a time.

Did you look at the Macro?

Hi, thank you again and I really appreciate your help. I'm sorry I just downloaded the keyboard maestro last week and I'm still learning. I'll try to find out how to use the Macro.

Now it's morning again and I'm in a better mood :grinning: I can help you better given you've (almost) provided answers to my original question.

This macro extracts ALL links in page displayed in the current browser.

Test Get Links in Webpage.kmmacros (5.1 KB)

It looks like this:

It doesn't go so far as to fully solve your problem because you may not want to open all the links on the page because some may not be relevant news items for example. So, you will have to examine the links extracted and only open those you want to see. You can do this inside the For Each action in the place indicated by the comment.

I hope that's clear and is of some help.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, thank you again and I just download it and I'm using Mac and I got this message

So I did allow JavaScript on my Mac and It will take five hours to finish so I think I have to wait and see what is going to happen and I hope it going to work after that waiting lol

Thank you all for your helping and I'm sorry I'm just new to this and I love it and I wish I knew this before a long time lol

the Filevault encryption is independent, you can continue using your computer as usual, no need to wait for it to finish.

1 Like

Hi, I just got this message when I did try it. I think I need to change something or type something but I have no idea how to use it? I'm very very new to this lol

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.12.23 PM

I know I sound stupid but I'm sorry my English is not good enough and I never used this software before. Can you please make an example or show me where can I write the link or something? make the example with the BBC link, where can I add it, please? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Try this:

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Open Major News Links [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-09-10 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Open Major News Links [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

ReleaseNotes

Author.@JMichaelTX

PURPOSE:

HOW TO USE:

1. Open the web page to Home - BBC News
  2. When page is loaded, trigger this macro.

NOTICE: This macro/script is just an Example

• It is provided only for educational purposes, and may not be suitable for any specific purpose.
  • It has had very limited testing.
  • You need to test further before using in a production environment.
  • It does not have extensive error checking/handling.
  • It may not be complete. It is provided as an example to show you one approach to solving a problem.

REQUIRES:

1. KM 8.0.2+.
  2. macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
  • KM 8 Requires Yosemite or later, so this macro will probably run on Yosemite, but I make no guarantees. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very very much I really appreciate all your help it's working now thank you again.

1 Like