How to create a macro to move a macro from one group to another without resorting to drag and drop

I created a group called Macro Template Library (thank you for the idea @Zabobon and @vincent_ardern ) in which I store template macros.

When I need to use a template macro , I go to the macro Macro Template Library Group → select a template macro → duplicate it → edit it → move the edited copy to the appropriate macro group.

I was wondering if I could write a macro to to move the final edited macro to its destined group.

thank you

It might be possible, but it's probably not worth the effort. Don't forget that you can hold down Alt as you drag, and it will make a copy. So you could alt-drag it to the new group.

2 Likes

thank you very much @DanThomas
I won't waste any more time on it.

1 Like

You could also just save those templates using either Dan's KMFAM macros or KM10's native favorites feature. Then you wouldn’t need to click and drag anything.

1 Like

thank you. The impetus for my question was the fact that I wanted to include complicated triggers

2 Likes

Gotcha! Then Dan's solution (alt-drag) would definitely be better :+1:t2:

1 Like

Could you put the macro(s) into named clipboards? I haven't tried it, but it might be possible.

that was one of the reasons behind the following post
May I ask you if you think there is any way to create a macro to write the system clipboard to a named clipboard, ideally with a 3rd step of of asking the user to input the name of the named clipboard ?
thank you Dan

Hello @ronald , Dan ( @DanThomas ) and all others in this thread

There has been posted something a while ago to work around that by @ccstone (thank you for these Scripts, Chris):

• KMFAM Vers 1.4 -- post Nr.166
    • An AppleScript Snippet for duplicating a hard coded Macro-Template to the currently selected Macro Group
    • An AppleScript Snippet for duplicating a hard coded Macro-Template to a hard coded Macro Group

I am playing around using this code by my self for quite a while now - even integrating it in Macros that use the Spotlight Search Prompt. I think that is a very funny thing...

Greetings from Germany

Tobias

2 Likes

thanks very much @Nr.5-need_input !

You're welcome, @ronald

I am glad that my post was helpful for you

Greetings from Germany

Tobias