How to list current active macro groups

I use @tiffle 's excellent macro which is akin to a "search within a palette"

Subroutine to Get List of All Macros and IDs in a Specific Macro Group - Macro Library - Keyboard Maestro Discourse

My problem is that I created a variant (described in the discussion above) which is constantly activating and deactivating macro groups / palettes.

This poses a minor problem: from time to time there is a glitch and a macro group is activated by not deactivated which causes casually typing characters which serve as keyboard shortcut in that group to trigger macros. If that happens, I have to identify the problematic active macro group, and that's the task that I want to simplify.

Is there a simple way to list all current active groups.

thanks in advance for your time and help

This is a feature added in v11, in the Keyboard Maestro status menu, select Show Active Macro Groups to show the currently active groups.

3 Likes

thanks very much @peternlewis

1 Like

I hadn't noticed the addition to the status menu Peter pointed out. Super easy!

I have several macros that work with groups using applescript. For example, you can get the names of enabled macro groups like this:

tell application "Keyboard Maestro"
	set EnabledGroups to name of macro groups whose enabled is true
end tell

In case it's useful to see the actions, here's a macro that does the same thing as the status menu "Show Active Macro Groups" using applescript, but could be modified to include all groups, only include smart groups, filter groups, get the UUID instead of or in addition to name, etc.:

Get Enabled Groups by Name.kmmacros (3.9 KB)

1 Like