HTML Prompt: Not Responding to "Esc" or Custom "KeyPress" Events When Title Hidden (v10.0)

Hi @peternlewis,

Thank you very much for v10. I like the HTML prompt updates a lot. It makes the already powerful HTML prompt more powerful with the ProcessAppleScript function and more useful with the transparent background and hiding title support. The letter two functions may be used as replacement for "Display Text Large" and notifications (we can set color, auto-close time, etc.).

While testing the new functions, I'm having an issue. When the title is hidden, the html window does not seem to respond to keypress events.

1. Esc does not close the window.
  2. Keypress event listener (Return) does not seem to work either.

If I unhide the title, both keys will work as intended (i.e., closing the window).

I have included a sample macro for test. It will auto-close in 5s so we don't need to manually cancel the macro to close the window.

HTML Test (Require v10).kmmacros (2.4 KB)

@peternlewis, any ideas?
Looks like a bug to me.

I will take a look at it when I get a chance. Unsurprisingly, I'm a bit snowed under at the moment!

3 Likes

Thanks, Peter.

Just add one more thing:
When the title is hidden, I can't type anything into textarea, nor can I delete anything in it.

This issue may be a related to the one reported in the OP.

I can definitely type in to textarea in my test example. This is in Big Sur.

Custom HTML Prompt.kmactions (1.6 KB)

Keyboard Maestro Export

Hi Peter,
Thanks for taking a look at it.

This condition is important:

Things start to break down after the "Has Title" is unchecked.

I've upgraded to Monterey. So it might work on Big Sur.

1 Like

This also fails to work on Catalina. (Didn't upgrade to recent OS in case my 5 years old mac get bricked)

This is fixed for the next version.

Note that if you don't want to have a “beep” when you handle the return to close the window, you need to add

e.preventDefault();
3 Likes