I noticed that my macros haven’t been backed up for a week or two.
The newest revision in my “Revert Macros” menu is November 6, 2021 except “At Editor Launch” and “Before Last Sync”, and it’s November 19 today.
I think November 6 could be the day I updated KM to version 10.
When I look into my Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Revisions Version 10/, I find 2021_11_06.plist although strangely (?) the file is updated a few hours ago the file is updated on Nov 16.
I also have daily backups from 2021_10_29 to 2021_11_05 in that folder and they seem to be made (updated) on the days the file names show.
How can I fix this? My macOS version is 10.14.6 Mojave.
Sorry that it could be confusing as my language setting is not English. It says that 9999_01_01.plist was modified at 9:05 today (Nov 20) and 9999_01_03.plist was modified at 17:50 the day before yesterday (Nov 18).
I can confirm the issue. I make daily tweaks to my Keyboard Maestro macros and yet the last v10 revision is listed (in the File > Revert Macros menu flout and in ~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Revisions Version 10) as Nov. 2.
That 2021_11_02.plist was modified Nov. 3. I've been modifying my macros daily since then. My .kmsync file is up-to-date with today's revisions but I can't revert to yesterday's revisions or anything more current than Nov. 2.
Fortunately I never have to revisit the past as all my edits are improvements but it looks like an unresolved issue.
Interesting. I checked permissions the old fashioned way and they were legit but since it's Sunday, I gave this a try, too. After a change to one of my macros, the Revisions Version 10 folder was created with this in it:
I would expect to see 2021_11_21.plist there instead. Those same files are in my original v10 folder but 9999_01_01.plist is dated today (I've been editing a few macros today).
So it looks like 9999_01_01 isn't getting renamed to the current date when appropriate.
P.S. Good tip about compressing the whole folder as a backup, BTW.
That's something I had been looking for in this forum and couldn't find by myself.
So, I gave it a try hoping it works… and failed.
Firstly, I carefully read and did what Peter had described (I think I did, and twice to make sure) and couldn’t find the new daily backup. I waited a night, made another change to a macro (to make sure) and checked the “Revert Macros” menu as well as KM folder in Application Support, and still my latest daily backup is 2021_11_06.plist modified on Nov 16.
Then, I also checked and set permissions on Finder maybe like @mrpasini did (to the KM folder itself and all of the subfolders/items as well), ran First Aid, and still can’t make it work so far.