MACRO: [KMFAM] Favorite Actions and Macros v1.4 Released 2021-12-09

Wow, I really didn't expect that to be the answer, but like I said, you never know.

So is everything working OK now? Please say yes. :joy:

I will have to test it in action..... but since I have to go to bed so that I can sleep a few hours before work tomorrow I will come back later ... hope you don't mind...

Greetings from Germany

Not at all. Have a good night. :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks..

will give you feedback tomorrow...

Hello @DanThomas ,

Have KMFAM tested today with saving, editing and pasting Actions .... It works like a charm ....
Since I haven't used it for doing the same Stuff with Macros I can not even tell if it is working properly, too... but I think it should ....

Thanks for your patience and your support ... whenever I am having issues again I will report ....

Greetings from Germany

1 Like

Where is the KMFAM ressources file stored?

Currently I am re-installing KMFAM each day (or day i make macroes, but whats the difference) , due to the KMFAM Ressources file not being found. I then re-install, and it works, however, I still can't find the file.

I am able to use KMFAM fully after re-installing, and i sometimes can use the favorites used prior.

I am running:
KMFAM Macros Installer v1.0.1
System: 10.15.7
Keyboard Maestro 9.0.6

You specify where the resources go when you run the installer. If it can't find them, either they're being deleted somehow, or the variable that holds their location (DND__kmfamResourcesFolderPath) is getting deleted or reset somehow.

1 Like

I still have the same issue.

The variable you mentioned looks like this - (to me it looks weird) could have something to do with that?

/var/folders/2w/mjzq8mcd7mv7l1s18x4d12k00000gn/T/Keyboard-Maestro-Script-4C7991E1-BF3E-4842-8CD5-2ADAE664085B:84:154: execution error: Keyboard Maestro got an error: User cancelled. (-128)/KMFAM Resources/

This should help:

1 Like

Hello Dan, I use this many times a day, and realized all of a sudden that I don't know how to back it up. thank you

Just back up the resources folder. If you ever have to get it working again, just run one of the macros and it'll ask you where the resources folder is, and you'll be good to go.

1 Like

great. thanks

Sorry Dan. I can't find a folder called Resources in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro. You are perhaps referring to resources in a generic way, meaning the above folder ? Or is there an actual folder called Resources ?
thank you Dan.

When you installed KMFAM, it asked you for a folder to put the resources in. If you examine the variable "DND__kmfamResourcesFolderPath", you can see the path to the folder.

thank you Dan

1 Like

Hi @DanThomas

I have Keyboard Maestro on two different computers.

Is it possible to store the ressources in a dropbox folder?
And if so, how would this be done?

I honestly don't know if that would work or not, but you could certainly try it. If I remember correctly, I think DropBox stores the files locally, then syncs them with the online version if things change. So in theory it could work.

I think you'd be asking for trouble to use the files at the same time from multiple computers. But I suspect you don't really want to do that anyway.

All you have to do is move/copy the Resources folder to somewhere in your DropBox local folder. The Resources folder is the thing you specified when you first installed KMFAM. If you're not sure where it is, examine the variable DND__kmfamResourcesFolderPath.

If you copy the folder, as opposed to move it, then rename the original folder. I'm pretty sure the next time you launch KMFAM, it'll ask you for the new location. If not, you can change the aforementioned variable.

Let me know if it works.

Well it works currently :smiley:

I'll post again if/when it provides further trouble

1 Like

Just saw the video and realized it might be very helpful!
thanks @DanThomas,
this and the macro trigger are must haves

1 Like

Thanks! You should ask @peternlewis to change your name from "hello" to something better, since you're active on this forum. Actually, that's just my opinion - "hello" is certainly memorable. :joy:

2 Likes