These macros are for the clever folk who, like myself, have dropped the native, bloated, non-M1 Dropbox client in favour of the excellent Maestral.
App: Maestral (Dropbox) Macros.kmmacros (35.2 KB)
• _Maestral config - You need to edit include your local Dropbox folder path
• Dropbox: Copy Link (Works similarily to Copying Dropbox Public Link in the first party client, for files and folders)
• Dropbox File: Exclude from Sync - Removes local copy of file from your computer, keeping it just in the cloud. A convenient alternative to manually editing the Selective Sync settings in Maestral preferences. Works with multiple selected files/folders)
• Dropbox Folder: Add to Local Sync - Grabs the current Chrome path while browsing your Dropbox.com folders, and adds that folder to your Selective Sync, so the folder downloads locally.
• These macros assume that Maestral is currently showing as "up to date", instead of updating / syncing files.
• Maestral CLI must be enabled, which it isn't by default
- There are best practices some KM experts like to use that I haven't bothered with due to time constraints, such as organization and naming conventions of actions / macros, and colouring actions etc. Forgive me!
- I have only tested these on my own machine, but I've made efforts to make them flexible to hopefully work for others.
Please do adjust and improve these macros if you can do better. If you run into problems I can try to help, but troubleshooting will likely be a real challenge, so fingers crossed that it works for you on first try.
I bragged about these macros on Twitter, and a friendly Keyboard Maestro newbie asked me to share, so I decided to throw together a very rough, unedited walkthrough of how to set up and use the macros. (Apologies for the extra rambling, I'm not good at this but wanted to get the info out there without procrastinating too much).
(You can probably skip the video if you're already good at KM).
Thanks to those who helped me figure out some command line challenges in this thread: Execute Shell Script: Solution for Truncated Results