Play playlist in Spotify

Hey I have some problem with building automation which chooses Discover Weekly playlist in Spotify. Even though I have script it is not playing. When I add first song on the playlist it plays but not loading DW playlist. Cheers, Piotr

1 Like

You might get a better response if you follow these suggestions:

Please provide more details, a sample macro and any screenshots that may demonstrate the problem.

If you haven't read this it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

1 Like

Play Spotify DW.kmmacros (4.1 KB)

Anyone? Pls :slight_smile:

Hi Piotr,
You can get rid of the Open URL action and do this entirely with AppleScript:

tell application "Spotify"
	play track "spotify:playlist:4l6y3dhGfu2GRLqzmUa6Ma"
end tell

Cheers,
Vito

2 Likes

Thanks @avtraino ! Was looking for this for longtime :+1:t2: :muscle:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray:t6: much appreciated!

Thank you so much @avtraino this is mega useful.

do you know what the script would be if I wanted to play my 'liked songs'.

Im guessing it would be another argument for the play track command but I've been unable to figure it out

Thanks

At first I assumed the convention (taken from the web UI) would have called for this incantation "spotify:collection:tracks". That only works half way — it opens "Liked Songs", but it doesn't start playing the first song automatically.

After some digging, I was able to find that this works:

play track "spotify:user:DaveLFC:collection"
end tell

This doesn't match a valid URI for the web UI, so it would be nice if Spotify provided some documentation for this, but I haven't seen any.

1 Like

Is there a way, in the "spotify:playlist:..." scheme (query string or otherwise), to offset the playing of the indicated list by a specified number of songs?

That is outstanding!!! thank you so much!

Just so you know, the reason for this is I have just bought a Stream Deck and the Spotify integration is a bit 'lacking', however using custom scripts I've been able to set up buttons to activate certain artists and playlists but the 'like songs' was causing me a headache.

Thank you again!!

1 Like

No positional/integer offset, as far as I can tell.
You can, however, select a specific track within a playlist:

play track "spotify:track:abc123" in context "spotify:playlist:def456"
end tell

Thanks, but I'm not talking about specifying a track. I'm talking about telling Spotify to start playing a pkaylist starting with the nth track instead of starting at the first track.

I understand. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible.