Smart Group Palettes (without sub-palettes)

I'm experimenting with palettes for the first time. I'd like to have a palette that displays Macros from multiple folders. Rather like @bernsh did here:

I want to leave my macros inside their folders but still be able to access them from the same Palette without having to click into a subpalette.

I made comments on each macro and then created a smart group that contained them all. However, it doesn't appear to be possible to trigger a Smart Group Palette and, furthermore, even if I were able to I don't think I could use @deanthomas wonderful Palette Organiser with a smart group.

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is possible? I don't want to move all my macros to the same group and I'm not sure I want to use a conflict menu; I don't want buttons to move around.

It has taken me a long time to get my palettes right.

I don't use smart groups because I just don't get how they work.

To avoid duplications and to ensure I can use Palette Organiser I work from folders and use a script like "Execute Macro" and then you can build a random jumble of macros in any given Palette, but if you want to tweak the macro it only has to be changed in one place even if it features on multiple Palettes.

There is a heap of useful info on Palettes in these forums.

I solved this for myself by using Trigger Macro By Name globally. I find it a lot more useful than regular palettes. Within, you can specify the macro groups that should be included.