macOS :: rename mp4 based on field in Get Info

Hello. Be great if someone could help me with this. I can manipulate menus and basic stuff but fail miserably at fancy tricks. Thanks in advance.
I have a stack of mp4 files, all of which happen to contain an 'Authors:' field in More Info (some videos don't; most YouTube processed vids seem to). I want to select the Authors content (in this case 'Budding') and add it and a delineator ∆ [option-j] to the front of the existing file name. I want to process a folder full or know I can drop a stack of them onto a droplet. I can't work out how to submit an image to the forum; hope this is clear. Thanks again…

Authors: Budding
Name & Extension: Twix Bears - Camping.mp4
becomes
Name & Extension: Budding ∆ Twix Bears - Camping.mp4

Hi, @justcomingdear. Before you do any task like this, I suggest the you copy the enclosing folder just in case something goes wrong.

The macro below will process all selected files.

Download: Prepend Authors to Selected mp4 Filenames.kmmacros (7.7 KB)

Macro-Image

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.

System Information
  • macOS 14.2.1 (23C71)
  • Keyboard Maestro v11.0.2

If you have the image in the clipboard, you can just paste (⌘v) in the forum editor. If the image is a file, just drag it into the editor.

@justcomingdear, you might find this information helpful:

Jim. It's brilliant; thank you.

There's one anomaly I raise simply for info – a fringe case:

This non-roman author:
Антон Юрченко

For the file:
Fatboy Slim Weapon of Choice High Definition HQ.mp4

Produced this:
\U0410\U043d\U0442\U043e\U043d \U042e\U0440\U0447\U0435\U043d\U043a\U043e ∆ Fatboy Slim Weapon of Choice High Definition HQ

Again. Thanks so much!
/Alan

1 Like

Jim. A month later this has been so useful. Just dropped by to say thanks again.

very best

/a

1 Like

@justcomingdear, you’re welcome. Glad to help.