I think what you are asking for is to change the default options for some Action. Sorry, but that is generally not possible.
IAC, I encourage you to move away from using recordings to create your Macros -- they rarely produce the best macros, and often use mouse clicks and positioning that is really not required, nor desired.
If you want some good examples of well designed macros, checkout the Macros in the Best Macro List , and other macros in the KM Macro Library.
Finally, while KM generally does not let you change the default options & configuration for Actions, you can easily achieve that, and more, using MACRO: [KMFAM] Favorite Actions and Macros by @DanThomas. I highly recommend this.
Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro
- Read the Quick Start.
- This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
- Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
- Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
- Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
- For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
- Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
- Start small, and grow your macros organically.
- Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
- Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
For more help, see Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro and the Forum .