Hi, I am new to KM and using the latest trial version with my XKeys 24. Looks great.
I have programmed my app (Radiologik DJ) quite successfully.
However, I need to use numbers 0-9 to trigger a function that has shortcuts 0-9. They cannot be changed. I am unable to get it to work.
They work directly from keyboard and from a Targus number pad (Not connected when XKeys is and without KM)
Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong would be great. Thanks Bob
Bob, welcome to Keyboard Maestro (KM) and its Forum.
KM is one of the best Mac automation tools available, its Forum is one of the best and friendliest forums on the Internet. Whenever you reach a tough stumbling block trying to use KM, please feel free to post your question/problem here for help.
You will also find this helpful:
Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?
Most important, is that you need to upload an example Macro, with both its file and image.
See How to upload your macro. Instructions for uploading to an existing post are just below the main instruction.
You may also find this Macro useful: MACRO: Upload KM Macro to New or Existing Topic @KM [Pub]
Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro
- Read the Quick Start.
- This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
- Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
- Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
- Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
- For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
- Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
- Start small, and grow your macros organically.
- Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
- Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
For more help, see Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro and the Forum .