I am looking for the best method to share a selected file in Finder and generate an iCloud share link to my clipboard.
I am new to KBM, but am very proficient with computers. Just can’t find the right sequence of actions.
What would be the most efficient way to do this?
What are the exact steps to do this manually?
Tell us that, and I'm sure we can help build a macro for you.
@Mark_Robertson, welcome to Keyboard Maestro (KM) and its Forum.
KM is one of the best Mac automation tools available, its Forum is one of the best and friendliest forums on the Internet. Whenever you reach a tough stumbling block trying to use KM, please feel free to post your question/problem here for help.
You will also find this helpful:
Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?
Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro
- Read the Quick Start.
- This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
- Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
- Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
- Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
- For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
- Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
- Start small, and grow your macros organically.
- Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
- Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
For more help, see Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro and the Forum .
So, the easiest way to do it manually (though maybe not the best for KM), is to secondary-click the file -> choose "Share" from the context menu -> select "Add People," where you would see this image ->
-> then you would select "Copy Link," which brings up this contextual menu ->
where you must select the "Share Options," where I would want "Anyone with the link" and "View Only" selected from the dropdown menus -> then you would click "Share" (the "Ok" button) -> the link would then be copied to the clipboard (which is what I would want).
My problem so far is that I can't figure out a way to access the contextual menu on a file selection through KM. I could potentially figure out the rest with "Move and Click" or image recognition.